THRS Young Investigator Award
The Young Investigator Award (YIA) aims to encourage young scholars to engage in clinical and basic research in the field of arrhythmias, enhancing academic standards.
- Applicants who are under the age of forty at the time of the application deadline for this award are eligible to apply.
- The research for application conditions included:
- Original research article on cardiac arrhythmia-related topics that has been accepted or published within the two years preceding the application deadline and has not previously received an award.
- Each applicant is limited to applying with one research article, and individuals are eligible to receive the award only once.
- The application for the YIA is done through THRS’s official website and includes:
- Application form as attached (including a declaration of not receiving other awards).
- Applicant's curriculum vitae.
- PDF file of the published article. If a journal has accepted it but not yet published, an acceptance letter must be provided at the time of application.
- Introduction of the significance of the research (in English), limited to one A4 page.
- This award is judged by a committee of three to five experts, both domestic and international, appointed by the research committee of THRS.
- Three award recipients will be selected. In the absence of suitable candidates, the award may not be given. In addition to the medal, the first-place recipient will receive a cash prize of USD$1,600, the second-place recipient will receive USD$1,000, and the third-place recipient will receive USD$600.
- The first-place winner is required to present the award-winning research at the THRS annual meeting when receiving the award.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Please email the required documents to THRS Secretariat at email@example.com.
- Please fill in the title of the letter according to the format: [2024 THRS YIA Application_name].
- The deadline for applications is February 25, 2024. Successful applicants will be notified via email by early March 2024.